March 13, 2006

Weston Creek Half Marathon 2006

Good to be a part of this event, and it was good to be a member in two relay teams.

One team had three runners, with legs of 7km, 7km, 7.1km.

The other team had two runners, each with legs of 10.5km.

Was a cloud covered start, which cloud cleared after reaching the half way point.

Then I jogged back to the 14km mark to record the time of our second leg runner in the 3 person team, and got a lift back to the finish to see a lot of runners finishing, as well as our 3rd person in the 3 member team.

Times were Doug 1:00.16, Yumiko 1:02.13 for a total of 2:02.29, andDoug 39:23, Josie 52:32, Neil 46:04 for a total of 2:17.55.

We didn't win any barrel draws, but I'm sure that they are a feature of this event, and the Venue of the Irish Club is great for the organising before, and the presentations afterwards.

Thinking of next year already, how can I increase my participation in Relay teams??

Until Next Time

6 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

To be in more relay teams you get a quick lift back to the 14k mark to be 3rd runner for a third team.

But Doug, you can only put one chest number in the barrel draw? So is it worth it???

11:37 pm, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Carolyne said...

Friar, I understand the role of the brown robed gentleman, but I had just added your ' Caricature by Chris' as an image to your details.

I'm confused!

Who are you really??!

9:03 am, March 14, 2006  
Blogger strewth said...

Well done on BOTH relay teams. You virtually completed the half that way so next year you may as well do it all!! Or do it the way speedygeoff suggests and be in 3 teams - wow!

9:59 pm, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Friar said...

I'm thinking of 4 teams at least next year.

If I keep on doubling up each year, which year will I reach 100 teams??

1:07 pm, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Ewen said...

Yes, you need 3 teams with each being slower. Then run the 1st, 2nd and 3rd legs.

I think the only one crazy enough to attempt the 10,000 would be Geoff Barker.

8:21 pm, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you ever want a really slow team member, just give me a call & I'll be there!

9:32 am, March 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home