March 04, 2006

Triathlon Traffic

Run today was around West Basin commencing at the bottom of Novar Street.

A triathlon was in progress around my run start time, and they were on their run leg, only to Banks St, then into Weston Park Road, and return.

On heading around the lake, after Banks St, there were only joggers, walkers bike riders, etc.

Then L from the Jogalong ladies was on her early morming Jog, and we said hello.

Some lads were fishing beyond Scrivener dam, which helped prepare for the hill, done easily but at a slow pace, past the 7.1km relay changeover spot for the Weston Creek Half Marathon.

That was actually my reason for choosing this run, so as to refamiliarise myself with the terrain for the WC Half. I will be in two relay teams, a team of three, and a team of two.

So I'll be running with two team numbers on the chest. :-)

Hope I tag the right person at each changeover point.

After the 8km mark, G caught up, and ran with me to the Black Mountain Peninsula, he was on his second lap in training for the Canberra Marathon, having met with M on his first lap in training for the Six Foot Track. Just before the Commonwealth Ave Bridge, a couple of girls asked another to take their photo. Then after the bridge, a few were riding back from the Triathlon. The run leg had finished, and I got back to the car at Novar Street, to watch a family of Four (2kids), feeding/playing around the swans.

Surprised by having a recent Pb for this course, even though I expected to be slower, and with a Loo stop thrown in at Nara Peace Park. and a water stop at the Ferry Terminal.

Until Next Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home