February 16, 2006

Birthday Brightened by Flashduck Cakes

My birthday celebrations extended over a few days this week.
Monday was the actual day, 13th - some people regard 13 as an unlucky number, and in some hotels, floor 13 is left out of the floor sequence.

We went to Batemans Bay, and had a walk along the beach, a bit of a tour, and lunch of Fish freshly caught and cooked at a seafood eatery.

Then on Tuesday at Lake Tuggeranong Stakes, FlashDuck http://flashduck.blogspot.com/ came along and drove Rad and Friar to the event. She also announced the birthday occasion so many well wishes were made.

I had an inkling that she was planning a cake that day, but she kept them under wraps until the BBQ Stakes on Wednesday at Woden.

We were surprised after the event, by the number of and quality of cakes that http://flashduck.blogspot.com/ brought, and they were very welcome.

How does she fit into a day, everything she does. ??

I was very thankful. :-))

Until Next Time

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pleased you enjoyed your birthday, Friar; also many thanks for letting me know, on my blog, that I had the ACT W75 record for the mile...I had a wonderful day & would love to get back again!

5:09 pm, February 18, 2006  
Blogger strewth said...

Belated birthday greetings Friar - sounds like you had lovely celebrations.

9:40 pm, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Ewen said...

Happy birthday for the 13th Friar!

Thanks for doing such a good job with the photo finish on Thursday. I'm glad it was working. LL was also impressed by your knowledge.

10:43 am, February 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home