March 20, 2006

Cloud Cover Contributes Cool Conditions

For my last long run before the Marathon.

No, I'm not doing the marathon, just doing some training, today was the Cotter 15 (miles), which turns out to be 23.3 kilometres.

Just over 3 hours today, cutting 10 minutes off from a month ago, and a massive 20 minutes off the 2005 end of year run, when John D celebrated his birthday.

Hope I can get out there at monthly intervals for the rest of the year.
That is number 205 now, and a couple of years ago, my aim was to stay in front of my Vets Handicap Tally. I now have that comfortably in hand, with 183 Vets Handicaps.

A large number of people were camping at the Cotter Camping area, and a huge number of people were at the Cotter reserve having picnics on this public holiday.

A welcome sight was a portable van selling soft drinks and Coffee.
Sadly, I had no money to buy a coffee, so had to wait until reaching home for coffee with lunch.

Maybe I should take a small amount of money with me next time, but then, the van may not be there.

Met Julie and John C who were investigating the walking trails around the Cotter, so told then about the trails from Pine Island to Casuarina Sands, and left them to explore those walking trails at the Cotter reserve.

Until next Time.

4 Comments:

Blogger strewth said...

Definitely take some money next time - I imagine coffee would have gone down very well after that long run. 205 Cotter runs is something to brag about - very impressive indeed! And a great PB cutting so much off your previous time - wow!

6:29 pm, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Friar said...

Sorry, that it wasn't a PB.

Those days are long past and belong to 1982.

11:35 am, March 21, 2006  
Blogger strewth said...

At least it's a PB for this month!!

10:49 pm, March 22, 2006  
Blogger Carolyne said...

I've chatted to the coffe van guy, and he is there every Sunday. You should take enough change for coffee anyway!

take care.

1:10 am, March 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home