January 04, 2013

Bogong to Hotham Run Cancelled

3/1/2013
 
From the race website:-
Cancellation:
 
Disappointingly I have to announce the cancellation of Bogong to Hotham for 2013.
 
I have just spoken with the Ranger in Charge at Parks Vic and there is no reprieve in sight. Even while I was there another update came through indicating an increase in the fire risk over the weekend. Under these circumstances I have no option but to cancel.
 
While the race rules state there is no refund if a cancelation occurs due to extreme weather I will assess the race funds when I get home to see what percentage of your entry can be returned as a goodwill gesture. A large proportion has obviously already been spent or committed.
 
I am sorry for the inevitable disappointment and inconvenience this decision will cause but I must put the safety of runners and volunteers first. Many thanks for your support. And also many thanks to Parks Vic for all their help and the hard work they put in preparing the track for us.
 
I had hoped after last year we might catch a break with the weather but not so. I hope to be back next year and hope you all see fit to try again as well.
 
Yours
Andy Hewat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home