November 11, 2008

Gone to a good home (good Homes)

They've gone to a good home/good homes.


One home has 4 boys, another home has three girls.

The older children have outgrow the bikes that they now have, and "hand me downs" are the order of the day. Ah I remember hand me downs.

The other home is of a male nurse at the Woden Hospital.
The decision for the one home and another home was taken with Christmas in mind.

*********************************************

Now backtracking several years, for the source of this story.


Medibank Australia Day Fun Run awarded an early bird registration prize.

I was the lucky winner of a prize which included 2 Adult and 2 children's bikes made by Schwinn.

There was also a bike helmet for each.

I was surprised after making my entry, to the Fun Run, when It was pointed out that I had won a prize of 2 childrens' bikes, a male adults bike and a female adults bike.

I had an early query about the bikes for the children but that fell through.

Then when deciding to clean up (or clean out) the garage recently, I decided to put the childrens bikes in the classifieds, free on Tuesdays. So simple, but over some weeks I had some enquiries, and getting closer to Christmas now, I sealed a sale on the kids bikes.

The female adult bike, I have been using for a few weeks now, and use it mostly for going to BBQ Stakes in Woden on Wednesdays, and to the shops at Cooleman court in Weston Creek.

But I also use it for riding over to Stromlo Forest Park, some 2km away, and riding around the bike circuit and the many trails that exist. (See some other posts on these visits.)

The male bike was given to one of the male nurses who looked after me when I was in "Hospital in the home". He says he rode a bike to work several days in the week (and he expressed interest in the new bike, so I was only too glad to give it to him.

I hope there is a long life in the bikes, and plenty of happiness, in their new homes. And happiness at Christmas time.

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home