August 28, 2008

Forerunner 305 Carked it ---- Hold The Press

Just when I was going to start cycling for exercise, The 305 carked it.

I've tried pressing all the buttons in combination - and tried a hard reset.

Connected to the various ports on the computer and am not getting a response.

So it might find its way into the rubbish bin, unless there is some inspirational soultion which will resurrect it.

Bye Bye Forerunner.


Hold The Press

After a bit of jiggling or joggling, and trying all the connections, it's now sitting there serenely re-charging, and has transferred all the recent events/tracks to the computer.

So. I'll treat it gently for the next few forays to see how it handles being taken along for the ride.


Until Next Time.

Moral I suppose is not to act in haste.

4 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

One does panic when the 305 stops working!
My experience is, problems with mine are rare and usually don't recur. Unlike most other bits of technology where, once problems start, you're in trouble.

12:27 pm, August 28, 2008  
Blogger strewth said...

That happened to me once too and I defnitely panicked and then, like yours, with no rhyme nor reason, it just started working again when I recharged it for the second time - I think they just get tired!!

8:57 pm, August 28, 2008  
Blogger GRIFFIN said...

FRIAR ~ If the 305 carks it again, do the following:

Put the 305 into its charging cradle, turn the mains on, then press the MODE and RESET Buttons at the same time for 10 to 20 secs, and it WILL restart.

This was what I was advised by Al; the chap that sells watches and other things running, when mine carked it the first time.

It worked for me then, and again tonight, when it carked it for the second time !

Good Luck

See you at Blewitts on Sunday

GB

9:00 pm, August 28, 2008  
Blogger Ewen said...

If only a bit of jiggling and joggling would get us running at our best :)

9:17 am, August 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home