December 09, 2007

An Even Dozen

That's the twelth time I've run-up Black Mountain in the Woden Harriers' Black Mountain Challenge.
Nigel Coldrick and Tom van Gerwen have run it 16 times.

A good crows of about 147 competed today, but with a corporate triathlon located in the same start area, it made parking a bit crowded at the starting area.

Just after 8:00 am, we were sent on our way, and wound around to the pathway leading to the bottom of Black Mountain Road, it was another 3.0 km or so to the summit.

This is where I just put the head down, and plugged away, I think in about 39 minutes overall, which included a drink station stop for water. Even though it was misty when we parked our cars at the top before jogging down to the start, the sun had come out, so it was getting hotter with every passing moment.

As J and H were just behind me at the drink station, I kept goimg but was outsprinted with 4oo metres to go, by a Mother and Daughter.

It was good to finish and have a drink and some eats provided by Baker's delight, and some fruit salad, cut by the Ryan family, the night before.

Presentations were then made and lots of barrel prizes were awarded.

I don't know my exact time, because I started "Uncle Tom", but must have stopped him shortly afterwards.
It was only after 300 metres into the run, when checking on "Uncle Tom", that I noticed he was lagging behind in distance covered.

So, I waited until the base of the Black Mountain Road, where I restarted him.

He recorded 2.89 km at a Max Heart Rate of 115 bpm.

Until Next Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home