November 15, 2007

My New slightly bigger "Little Friend"

He was ordered on Monday Morning, and arrived by delivery on Tuesday Morning.
All the way from Brisbane, and then by Delivery truck to the front door. Now that's quick.!!!

Not early enough for use at the Tuesday lunchtime lake Tuggeranong Stakes 6km run, but he was being charged while I was away, and came back to take him to the 5km Cross Country Club run at Weston Park at 6:00 pm.

I spent last night going through the instruction manual with him, setting him up to be a reliable companion by doing what I want him to do.

He will be tested tomorrow at Customs Joggers 5km lunchtime run.

Even a week without the assistance of these little friends, seems like a lifetime, I still don't know exactly how far the run was around East Basin and the Jerrabomberra Wetlands.

As a treat I'll take him around that course again and let him tell me, starting in Commonwealth Park near the Floriade area.

Until Next Time

2 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

So what's his/her name?

A pity he/she wasn't running on Tuesday. I hear the distance of the 5k was 4.87k.

I'd guess around 15k for the Central/East lap.

5:33 pm, November 16, 2007  
Blogger Friar said...

Damn and all the other expletives.
I measured the Tuesday course with a proper measuring wheel and it was 5km.

8:05 am, November 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home