November 09, 2007

My Little Friend

Must have been too challenging, with trying to remember all of the runs.
He collapsed last Saturday, and couldn't remember the Wetlands Run.
However I put him on lifesaving support, ie. battery charging and he "threw up" the message that the battery was charging, and a few hours later "threw up" again with another message that the battery charging was complete.

However, he could not be revived, by pressing the start button, or the start and reset buttons together. or by pressing any other combination of buttons.

So my little friend is just lying at rest inside his original box of tricks, just waitng for a miracle revival cure.

It feels different without my little Forerunner Man not being able to keep me company.

I have an idea, if I take him on my next run, that may be the miracle cure he needs.

But, If he doesn't recover, how will I know how far I've gone on one of the exploratory runs, I will however know how far the 5km ACTCCC runs, and the Vets Handicap runs are, because they are accurately measured.

Until Next Time

3 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

If he doesn't recover, you can bury him next to the grave of Trent Norton on Majura.

You can always run on the track. I've been told the 5000 is an accurate 5.4k.

1:32 pm, November 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a very sad story, Friar! Get another 'little friend' & you'll feel a whole lot better!

5:22 pm, November 13, 2007  
Blogger Friar said...

"Chip" measured the course this morning, 27th November at 13.6km

2:17 pm, November 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home