July 24, 2007

I'm glad I didn't

Saturday morning dawned, and I was NOT in any queue for a copy of the latest Harry Potter book.

I ventured out to Weston Park for the AACT Championships, at 9:30am.

By then, all the courses had been marked as early helpers had mostly finished their tasks, and others were waiting to be allocated tasks by the race manager, Michael Daly.

Some races were packed wheras one of the junior races had only 6 runners.

I think altogether it was an enjoyable event for the runners, though some commented that the courses were tough, but the day was cooler than when the World Cross Country Championships selectiom Trial was held in extremely hot conditions earlier in the year.

Until next Time

3 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

There is a problem with the results on the official website - they are missing half the names. I am not sure this event caters for the Vets - I think we should organise our own cross country event again like we used to, and ignore this one. I might even volunteer to organise it next year....

1:16 pm, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Friar said...

I have requested a copy of the full results of each and every event, but so far, I have nothing, even though "some" results are on ACT Athletics website.

After all, people were in an event and they want to know their timed result.

2:33 pm, July 24, 2007  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

I can't imagine the Canberra Marathon, or the Gold Coast (National Championships) Marathon, or the City to Surf Fun Run, etc etc, leaving out all of their results all but registered athletes. Despite what Athletics Associations would have wanted several decades ago when the real running boom started. It's historical and it's rubbish.

3:17 pm, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home