March 11, 2007

Ants In Your Pants ??

The Weston Creek Half Marathon Sunday 11th March 2007


Well they (the ants) nearly were, when we got to the 7km change for the first relay to second relay changeover point.

At the side of the track, an ant's nest of the bulldog type was there and guess who was standing in the dead centre of it.

Didn't take long for the ants to crawl up my and my team mate's legs, and bite us.
The ants didn't like being swished off.

Must make a mental note not to stand there next year.

Anyway, it was in the shade, so we moved away from the nest, and went up the hill to the corner where it was nice and sunny, and we could see the first runners coming through at 7km.

Then after the first relay change was made we moved down to the 14km change point.

It was a great day, and the last leg run was 7.1km. It took a while to get going, but managed some faster kms, timed by "Forerunner Man" at average 5:54 with fastest pace at 4:27.

That fast pace is hard to believe.

Last runner took about 3 hours, with half way timed at 1 h 30 minutes, and looked good as she crossed the line, a little behind Haberman, the race winner in 1:06:25 (or so), despite getting a stitch with about 3km to go.

Until Next Time

2 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

Oh Doug, you gave no hint of 'ants in the pants' when I saw you on Sunday. That actually sounds a bit nasty and I'm glad that I didn't go off-track too much during the race to encounter Mother Nature at its crawling best. Some parts of the bike path are a bit dodgy though and that bouncing bridge... well...is very bouncy!

12:06 am, March 14, 2007  
Blogger TD said...

I'm confused Doug. I was sure I had commented on this post of yours about the Ants but don't see my comment there. You also popped back up on my Bloglines menu as if I hadn't visited your blog, when I was sure I had.

I can't remember what I had written before but will just say it was good to see you out at the Half and glad the Ants weren't of the monster kind.

10:49 pm, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home