June 25, 2007

Having a Rest Day From Running

And did I need it.

Have been catching up on ACTCCC Race Results from Saturday, changed my Blog Settings, thanks to a message from Ewen, and about to update the ID Checksheet for ACTCCC Events.

Saturday at Molonglo Reach 10km, after 7.5 km , I was leaning forwards so much that it was noticed by others.

I was feeling like not neing in control of myself, and had to slow to a walk, did that several times until 9km, when the turn marshall offered me a drink, when I had just about collapsed on the ground.

The drink refreshed me, and I just managed to Jog most of the way to the finish.
Sunday I started in an early group for nthe Vets handicap over 9.3kms at Mt ainslie, carried water and drank at evry km on the way, and jogged all the way.

So the analysis is that I went out too fast on Saturday and suffered for it.

Will keep an eye on anything unusual in the coming weeks, but will put it down to an exhausting week, and a long run on the previous day.

Until Next Time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

It was pretty warm (for Canberra) on Saturday too, so very easy to get dehydrated. I'll have to watch that at Surfers on Sunday.

Hope you're feeling well enough to run the BBQ Stakes on Wednesday Doug.

3:27 pm, June 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home