June 12, 2007

Must have been the shoes

I garnered a pair of shoes from a running mate (RM), the old Brooks Beast substitute.
It was supposed to be the same model, but only of a different colouring.

My pair had just about worn out underneath and were falling apart in the uppers.

Then I asked my RM if he still had his old shoes that I could borrow for a test drive.

I wore them at the Cotter 15 miles a couple of months ago, and they felt great.

I tried to swap him a new pair of Brooks Beast for his old pair, but the size didn't fit him, so he graciously donated his old shoes to me.

Yesterday, I headed around West Basin, and ran about 3 minutes faster than the previous month.

It was a cool morning, and a bit of sun was breaking through.

The shoes must have been the factor which helped me go faster.

Today was a rest day, and the RM shoes will basically be reserved for Cotter Runs.

Until Next Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home