April 17, 2010

The housing market in Duffy

9 Jemalong St Duffy was listed for auction today.

Wonder what the report in The Canberra times will say.

The opening bid was $700,000, while the next bid was $ 875,000, which was the Auctioneer's bid. This was under/below reserve.

Despite a largish crowd, and the auction being conducted inside and upstairs, where the view could be enjoyed, and after negotiations with the owners, there was no sale, and the auction was concluded.

I have no illusions that our house , if submitted for auction would attract any bid which would exceed those figures, but in any case, we are not interested in going down that trail.

We do however peruse the real estate section of the Canberra Times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Two Fruits said...

Thanks for that link to the Babinda Boulders. The picnic area is where the Gold Rush 42 km off road marathon starts on Sun 30th May, new event this year. Course goes over to Mt Bartle Frere. Hopefully the wet season will have finished by then. I will be attempting to finish providing the heat & humidity don't get me first.My brother lives in Cairns, will stay with him for the short holiday.

8:45 pm, April 17, 2010  
Blogger Friar said...

Don't know how I get any credit for a link I don't recall drawing attention to. I have asked for a please explain.

11:19 am, April 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home