December 10, 2009

Firewall Conflict

After installing an update to my security program, following advice that my Internet Security file was not the latest available, I started having trouble connecting to, and staying connected to the internet.
This caused considerable concern and anguish to me, and I eventually had contact with the technical support people at the company concerned.
It was difficult to explain my concerns over the phone , which they took the time to listen to, and attempt to resolve my problems.
The second contact came up with the suggestion that there was a conflict between the program's firewall, and the Windows firewall.
After much toing and froing, the program's firewall was disabled.
Now, I can connect to, and stay connected to the internet, without dropping out of a connection, which had been happening during the conflict.
I thanked them for their help, and I have fingers crossed against having any more dramas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home