August 20, 2009

Learning to see the light

Following the government decision to change light globes to energy efficient varieties, our Chandelier light globes busted one globe.

So, where to get replacenent globes of the correct variety, size and type?

I settled on a visit to Project Lighting in Phillip, 36 Townshend Street, and took the blown globe in to the shop, and was served with a replacement of the correct type and size. I had the original box in which it came. It was only a question of how many did I want.

Now our chandelier works brightly, and I know where to get a replacemnt globe, when next required.

So convenient to Woden which is only a short distance from Woden Plaza by a bus ride away. I remember one of the Vets used to work there a few years ago, he is still a regular Vet runner,but now working elsewhere.

Plenty of light globes are also available in Woollies, and at Aldi in Woden , so it is a matter of reading what's on the packets and then making a selection.

Hope the decision helps the environment, so I'm making my contribution, but I'm not sure in what manner the contribution is being made, except through the hip pocket.

But I can see the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home